Thursday, August 25, 2022 | 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM
USource Webinar: Employee Coaching, Disciplinary Action and Termination
Join us for a webinar on
Thursday, August 25th at 10:00 AM CDT
No one enjoys disciplining an employee for poor performance, inappropriate behavior or policy violations, but an employer needs to hold the employee accountable for their actions.
How to hold an employee accountable for their actions is a question USource members often ask. The focus of the webinar is to prepare you to make a determination how to handle employee poor performance, inappropriate behavior or policy violations.
This webinar will examine:
- How coaching and disciplinary action for an employee have similar rules for documentation:
- Gather the facts, document what is occurring with the employee.
- Know your audience when documenting, the employee is only a part of the audience.
- Explain what bank policy the employee violated.
- Be a story-teller; what happened, when it occurred and why it matters.
Why coaching and disciplinary action are different approaches of working with the employee to make the required improvements:
- Coaching involves redirecting behaviors through various manners of encouragement.
- Disciplinary action also involves redirecting behaviors, yet can appear and feel more punitive.
In addition, steps will be provided for coaching an employee toward performance and behavior improvements, along with examples of disciplinary actions with memos or warnings for the employee. Ultimately, if coaching the employee does not provide the required improvements, disciplinary action may be the next option with termination of employment the last course of action.
This webinar is strongly recommended for HR Officers/Representatives, Supervisory/Management staff and others responsible for employee workplace performance and behavior.
USource webinars are free for USource members and $95.00 for non-members (USource membership is separate from the services you may receive from United Bankers Bank). Your bank may be a customer of United Bankers’ Bank (UBB), but not a member of USource, which is the Human Resource Consulting Service. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-394-1984.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
View System Requirements